GrainSense Oy has developed the first truly hand-held device for grain quality measurement. For the first time, farmers, seed producers and plant breeders will be able to rapidly measure the key parameters of their crops in the field and make decisions that can improve profitability. We are bringing a major improvement to food production and logistics. Our hand-held device measures the protein, moisture, oil, and carbohydrate content of cereal grains and other crops. The company was founded in 2014 and has offices in Oulu and Helsinki, Finland.
We are looking for a software developer to our growing software team. Our responsibility is to develop our internal and commercial applications that are written in Python and Java, including mobile applications, REST API cloud interface, web applications and an analytics platform. The work includes mainly coding, but also managing projects and communicating with external resources. We appreciate proactive interest in cloud and mobile technologies and quick and proactive learning capabilities. We expect you to have some years of work experience, and we do assume coding to be in your blood.
What are we looking:
- Experience in coding in Java or Python
- Fast and growing high tech startup company with multiple opportunities to take a role in
- International and flexible work environment in a growing organization
- Some experience in SW development processes e.g. project management, git, release procedures, testing and documentation
- Personal interest in coding and developing solutions
- Practical examples of applications or games that you have done for fun or for work
- Understanding of user interface design and graphics
- Independent working style
- B.Sc. or a higher degree
In our multicultural organization, you will also need good skills in written and spoken English.
The position is permanent and can start as soon as possible.
What we will offer: Unique product – company holds two patents and two patent applications
Want to hear more? For further information about the job, contact Ykä Marjanen, Co-founder and product manager, GrainSense Oy, by phone +358 40 590 4048. To apply, send an application to yka.marjanen(at)grainsense.com.